peachford hospital investigation

When my Patient rights was violated at Peachford; I told the patient advocate the day i got released; she told me that there would be an investigation into the violation and to call her back in a week; I called her back; got transferred to her voicemail; let voicemail after voicemail and still haven't got a response. I was so sleep deprived and pumped with unnecessary drugs that I was zombified. Its not enough. Boy, the patients paid for it dearly the next day. Peachford Hospital | Behavioral Health Treatment | Atlanta, GA Each was full. For almost two years I would wake up from having a dream that I was being chase by a white light. . WebPeachford Hospital Back to Meetings Get Directions 2151 Peachford Rd Atlanta, GA 30338 Al-Anon in Atlanta, Georgia 30338-6534 - Peachford Hospital - 2151 Peachford Rd Atlanta Georgia 30338-6534 - Monday Talbot conference centerAl-Anon Meetings Sunday 8:00 pm Al-Anon Meetings in Atlanta, Georgia on Monday - Peachford Hospital Dunwoody AFG B. Brooke O of Lawrenceville, US. Learn about careers at Cox Media Group. 0000002962 00000 n NEVER EVER allow your child to go to Peachford or even consider sending your child there. Rehab.com is not a substitute for medical or professional assistance. Imagine the horror I feel for all of the other prisoners that were in there with me and they may be sick now and will never be notified? Physiotherapist, lost job and marriage close to a divorce. By using this website, you accept the terms of our Visitor Agreement and Privacy Policy, and understand your options regarding Ad Choices. I hold a Ph.D and 5 Master's degrees (one of which happens to be in Juvenile and Adolescent Counseling) so I can relate to what the statements above. Of course I got no such call from anyone at Peachford on Saturday so when I went up there to request her discharge, I was presented with a 1010 form to sign. We'll never be back there. I do still have nightmares about still being in Charter Peachford. I was also blessed with a very sweet social worker who told me to talk to her if I ever needed anything, plus Mr Perry can put a smile on anyones face as long as you have the right attitude going in here. Have you seen or read One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest? Atlanta, Ga [protected], I just recently was discharged from peach ford. Richard finally got into the Cobb crisis unit. NO! Contact him at alan.judd@ajc.com or at 404-526-5029. WebAddress and Phone Number for Peachford Hospital, a Hospital, at Peachford Road, Atlanta GA. Name Peachford Hospital Suggest Edit Address 2151 Peachford Road Atlanta , Georgia , 30338 Phone 770-455-3200 Website peachford.com Peachford Hospital Details Type Psychiatric Hospital NAICS Description Psychiatric And Substance Abuse Hospitals Still, many psychiatric patients enter Grady through its emergency room by ambulance, in police cars, on foot. Florida residents may also want to visit: MyFLFamilies.com. Follow him on Twitter @alanjudd3000. My brother received a black eye, allegedly from, falling out of a chair. Among Gradys patients, psychosis is the third most-frequent diagnosis. But there was no information about how difficult these meds would be to find in a normal drugstore. To all who read this DO NOT GO TO PEACHFORD HELL! 0000002617 00000 n 0000003211 00000 n At North Fulton Regional Hospital in Roswell, for instance, patient Elizabeth B. waited from Saturday to Tuesday 68 hours until Georgia Regional Hospital/Atlanta agreed to admit her, according to her case summary. Could be they don't care, or could be they don't know what they are doing. Thank you Melissa McMahon. I was also abused by this facility in so many ways that I can't remember on the fingers of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir but I lost my glasses and my cellphone between Murray Medical Center in Chatsworth Georgia and Peachford Hospital in Atlanta, you decide who's responsible! they don't let you visit with your family for very long and the wait was 4 plus hours it was omg so I hope this place gets shut down. I could not stand straight, write, speak, or understand what others were saying for the length of my stay. This comment was posted by a verified customer. I am thankful to no longer be at Peachford. As written by others, is is policy for the "nurses" to do bed checks every 15 minutes. I had not slept 3 days prior to coming to Peachford - and I did not sleep any while I was there. But Grady is one of the few hospitals in metro Atlanta that has a psychiatric unit 31 beds, plus space for 14 patients in this observation area. 2 Peachtree Street, NW I am looking for an attorney to sue. 0 This hospital caused more trauma and stress to my child and to me. First, people don't ask to be mentally ill. Would you tell a cancer patient that they got themselves into this mess? But at some point, you get tired of asking. The person at the hospital said that if our son passed away they wouldn't let us know and we should look in the obituaries in Atlanta to see if we could find our son's name. The family recorded the phone call from the director letting them know about the incident. Regular patients, though, often bypass both the outpatient clinic and the emergency room, Green said. A placement counselor wrote that the state hospital repeatedly asked to have the same information faxed before it would allow Theresa to be transferred. <<5474DF32AC10734DADA17E024F581527>]>> Administrative Investigation Failure to Follow VA Policy VA Medical Center Washington, DC . Dual diagnosis gives rehab the means to treat addiction while restoring mental and emotional health. A girl admitted after me was let out a day earlier than I because she had no insurance, so they weren't making money off of her. Peachford Hospital review: malpractice. The food was inedible. I watched them deny a homeless woman a pair of disposable underwear and made her stand there and pee herself because there was a line to the only toilet and they wouldnt let her into her room for a second under supervision if that was the issue, and just stood there and snapped at her no you can pee yourself and in the end she couldnt hold it any longer and she did. Group therapy is any therapeutic work that happens in a group (not one-on-one). If my new organ would have rejected they would have more issues than my mental stability to worry about, I also informed them of having a compromised immune system and felt as if I had C.Diff. I should also mention that on the following day, nurses, doctors, and staff forgot to administer his medication and it was not until he called me at 4 pm that he mentioned this to me and I urged him to do approach a professional about this, at which time they gave him all but one medicine, an important antipsychotic that he had been taking. The doctor's, Social Worker, nurses and staff were all aware of this and when I would go to the extremely rude Medication Nurse "June" she would YELL "You Ain't Gonna Reject This Soon Now Go SIT DOWN". I tried to stay on all the medications, but there was no way I could successfully run a business as a zombie. I am with a neurologist and he cannot find anything to ease the horrific pain I have now been in for the years since it happened. Needless to say, I never received anything, no Tylenol, Aleve, nothing, all the while I clearly saw them give out over the counter pain medicines to others that felt a headache "coming on." ! are common as emergency rooms deal with greater demand by psychiatric patients. I will NEVER go back to this place. Call Peachford Hospital at 770-455-3200 or visit our facility for a no-cost, confidential assessment by one of our licensed behavioral health professionals. Were available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to help determine your individual needs and help find the best program for you or your loved one. This place needs to be shut down. wG xR^[ochg`>b$*~ :Eb~,m,-,Y*6X[F=3Y~d tizf6~`{v.Ng#{}}jc1X6fm;'_9 r:8q:O:8uJqnv=MmR 4 I recently outlined the serious problems I had with Peachford Hell, and with the Doctor that sent him there, Dr. Gary Fiegel. Are patients going to have to just sit tight until Tuesday? Crouch wrote. Was not given anti rejection medications until after missing 6 doses for a newly transplanted cadaver organ. PLEASE do not let anyone you know go to this place. Peachford Hospital review: patient rights totally violated. No nurse came to my aid, a big burly security guard came up to me and screamed at me to get up, that I was faking it, and just kept yelling at me to get up, even when I told him I was too dizzy, weak and in too much pain to do so. Visit: Rehab.com/marketing, By clicking Get Help, you agree to Rehab.coms, This site is compliant with the HONcode standard for. It was cold at night the blankets were thin and they told us when to go outside and when to use the restroom. I was severely depressed and crying most of the time, and the staff said I needed to suck it up and my hormones must be messed up. I still dont know why. Theres nowhere else for them to go, Green said. I watched every morning as the whole unit was threatened with being sent to unit 8 where the nurses allegedly had the right to detain you as long as they want. The fourth day brought no change, at first. HyTSwoc [5laQIBHADED2mtFOE.c}088GNg9w '0 Jb endstream endobj 96 0 obj<> endobj 97 0 obj<> endobj 98 0 obj<>/Font<>/ProcSet[/PDF/Text]/ExtGState<>>> endobj 99 0 obj<> endobj 100 0 obj<> endobj 101 0 obj<> endobj 102 0 obj<> endobj 103 0 obj<> endobj 104 0 obj<> endobj 105 0 obj<>stream When I was leaving, people were "submitting" themselves in for "treatment." I asked the doctor once I was finally released if he knew what happened to his patients once he sends them to peachford, and if he knew of the abuse they suffered in there, and he said he had no idea. Im not depressed, Im just in constant agony. Unfortunately when the large black man that beat and raped me did so he didn't introduce himself. 113 0 obj<>stream I was there at the end of January for 8 days. She was obviously singled out because of her religious practice. On Never ever put your child here. May he never return to Peachford. I could have died. they had me overmedicated my whole time there. So once I was finally able to go home I had very severe drug withdraws which landed me in the er. Just since April, more than 230 patients committed to Georgia psychiatric facilities nearly one of every five have been forced to wait 24 hours or more before being admitted. Suggest edits BIRDEYE FOR BUSINESSES This profile is powered by Birdeye. Additional calls to numbers marked with a label like ad will be primarily routed to advertisers of the website. Report No. I got a call from the director of the program after he had been there three days, saying that another patient had brought in some pills, which they believed were LSD, and pass it around to the other patients, she said. He was required to strip completely naked, searched and then told to crawl around in a circle naked. Yes, I have good in$urance. I told them I needed a sleep apnea machine and without it I could die in my sleep, so they brought me a useless oxygen machine, and when I told them I needed an apnea machine they just laughed in my face, like they did when I asked if I was in withdrawal . I don't know where these people got their "degrees", but I would not be surprised if they were mail ordered. FYI : CCHR IS a Scientology front shop. I myself already disliked peachford bc the staff was rude and hearing the stories my son told. Peachford Hospital 2151 Peachford Road, Atlanta, Georgia, 30338 2.4 ( 137 Reviews) Call (770) 455-3200 See All Photos Facility Center Details Detox Services Residential Treatment By that point my pain was out of control, and it has been out of control since. They would roll their eyes at each other no matter if the patients were still standing there or not. 0000004584 00000 n It wasn't until I was discharged, and 2 weeks after the fact that someone called from Peachford to give me my positive results. I attempted suicide and was sent to Peachford. Please DO NOT add attachments that contain your or other peoples personal information, if you dont want it to be visible to the public. They have all caused me significant emotional, psychological and physical trauma that I doubt I will ever get over. Like many other reviews, being treated as criminals is so accurate. State and federal officials are now negotiating a settlement in that case. She told Channel 2s Mike Petchenik that she dropped her son off for treatment at Peachford Hospital in Dunwoody, and later learned someone on the inside gave him drugs. Peachford Hospital specializes in the treatment of dual diagnosis. Having suffered the worse night of my life, the next morning I was hyperventilating, the pain was so bad I was close to fainting, and I couldnt feel my face because it had gone numb, and I collapsed. 0000004154 00000 n At Peachford Hospital, our aim is to help our patients heal mentally and emotionally. We offer inpatient and outpatient treatment services tailored to each individuals needs. By working with the patient and their family, our mental health professionals provide strategies that assist them in the recovery process. WebPeachford Hospital Overview Overview 98 Reviews 23 Jobs 81 Salaries 5 Interviews 24 Benefits 16 Photos View Jobs at Peachford Hospital Peachford Hospital Overview Website: www.peachford.com Headquarters: Dunwoody, GA Size: 501 to 1000 Employees Founded: 1973 Type: Hospital Industry: Healthcare Services & Hospitals Revenue: $25 to $50 0000008048 00000 n Best of luck to you and your son. I was drinking one night and said the wrong thing. God Bless the CCHR and thank you for exposing Peachford Hosp over the years for insurance FRAUD, patient abuse & RAPE! peach ford hospital was not helpful to me or my family either they didnt help us they told my mom i wasnt sick that i was stable the doctors there have poor quality training and they give u shots sometimes for no reason they dont k what they are doing i think they should get shut down and never open agian they treat the patients like dogs like they arent human i had to go to another hospital i said i was well i really wasnt i hated it there no one gets cured and the ones who say they do probaly dont they probably just say it to get out of there! WebDual-Diagnosis Treatment at Peachford Hospital The most common co-occurring disorders are schizophrenia, depression, and bipolar disorder. I swear it's like notes are taken on each patient and tally marks made for how "bad" they had been throughout the day, and the staff would take it all out on each patient, tit for tat, by acting like fools during the 3rd shift. I have Parkinson's and have had Deep Brain Stimulation. Some of the most disturbing allegations in Georgia are connected to Peachford Hospital, a mental health facility in Dunwoody. He called me the day he arrived. They did not care to communicate with me or my child. Outpatient is not meant to be the starting point, it is commonly referred to as aftercare. This is all true ! The rooms are locked and not available during the day. After arguing with his former wife, he checked into a motel, looped a belt around his neck and tried his best to take his own life. When the mother questioned the director further, she learned that it happened at time when no one was supervising the patients. WebGeneral Medical and Surgical Hospitals Hospitals Health Care and Social Assistance Printer Friendly View Address: 2151 Peachford Rd Atlanta, GA, 30338-6599 United States Phone: Website: www.peachford.com Employees (this site): Modelled Employees (all sites): Modelled Revenue: Actual Fiscal Year End: Year Started: ESG ranking: ESG industry average: Wilson, the spokesman for the behavioral health agency, said what emergency rooms are experiencing amounts to bumps in the road., Over time, he said, thats going to work itself out.. Many are psychotic or suicidal, a threat to themselves or others a volatile group of people not getting the psychiatric care they need. Also, brag on staff members when they do any slightly nice gesture, like give you a tylenol when you have a blinding migraine. This place is ridiculous and needs to be shut down. Also, I had thyroid cancer removed shortly before the admittance during assessments and when I meet Dr.Medhi and the medical staff, they refused a copyo my medical records. My friend and her sister went there I dont wanna say why but it was a horrible experience for them but ever since she been she has been woundering who "rip julie" is. My grandmother said she doesn't even know how long she was laying on the floor crying for help . The staff was abusive and cruel, and would verbally attack me for questioning any of the papers they were trying to force me to sign. I am now facing a spinal stimulation implant so at least I can get out of bed. 2022 Cox Media Group. HTn0}W1U7R.C4j_=xxHr7,v%C!y3ZC1(~%*b8vdc3.D2h0d\>|O Z!UHPJy02/VASEsB#hj)$f^4FL?2(F6-&[p7EU+vn*,U=$FXYe-zvu'B[AIcP. Submit a complaint and get your issue resolved. please email me at whymrry1@yahoo.com if you have any questions or information. 2151 Peachford Rd, Atlanta, GA 30338. I was placed in the section for depressed people. Peachford Hospital review: Unreal situation. He just stood there over me yelling. what is the highest rank in the police department. 0000002057 00000 n Until you see a doctor, you are not allowed in the cafeteria and are given a plate of whatever. There are a number of different group therapy modalities, including support groups, experiential therapy, psycho-education, and more. The Joint Commission, formerly known as JCAHO, is a nonprofit organization that accredits rehab organizations and programs. DUNWOODY, Ga. A hospital that treats people for addiction issues is being criticized after someone smuggled in drugs and gave them to at least three patients. Peachford hospital does not treat the mentally ill, they abuse them. Not my child's and the mothers name isnt my own. An ambulance took Richard P. to Emory Adventist Hospital in Smyrna. They Smyrna police did nothing. But then the state hospital delayed transporting Elizabeth; she ended up spending 116 hours, or almost five full days, in the emergency room. 0000008282 00000 n They kept me days longer than the required 72 hours for a suicidal patient because of my insurance. When addictive behavior and mental illness create problems that prohibit the patient and family from functioning, Peachford provides a comprehensive program to assist in stabilizing the situation. We take patient satisfaction seriously. Credit: Natrice Miller / Natrice.Miller@ajc.com, Police: Speed a factor in fatal crash involving Georgia football players, staff, Georgia lawmakers take on health care spending: What to know, Unusual pipe support omission behind new Vogtle delay, witness says, Georgia Tech makes hires of six assistants official, Teenager charged in Mall of America fatal shooting arrested at DeKalb home, Clayton County sets qualifying fee for election to replace Victor Hill, State hellbent on ending hotel placements for foster children, Greenlight Financial slashes one-fifth of its workers, Free events in Atlanta: Fun and worthwhile things to do, Georgias Devin Willock, Chandler LeCroy killed in car crash after title celebration, At-risk apartment tenants in Georgia need your help: A letter to Georgia lawmakers. It's been years, and I still have nightmares about that place. Next thin I know, EMS was a my door and took me to Northside Hospital. They have left me with so much damage and severe PTSD I will have to do lifetime counseling and I dont think I will ever truly recover. My daughter said he does that 24/7 and cried to please come home. Nonprofit organization that accredits rehab organizations and programs powered by BIRDEYE patient that they got themselves into this mess myself! A threat to themselves or others a volatile group of people not getting the psychiatric they. Not getting the psychiatric care they need ill. would you tell a cancer that... Investigation Failure to Follow VA Policy VA medical Center Washington, DC like Ad be! Treat the mentally ill, they abuse them before it would allow Theresa to be mentally would. N NEVER EVER allow your child there Treatment at Peachford Hospital does not treat the mentally ill they! Landed me in the cafeteria and are given a plate of whatever a label like Ad will primarily. Joint Commission, formerly known as JCAHO, is a nonprofit organization that accredits rehab organizations and.... The phone call from the director letting them know about the incident them go. Threat to themselves or others a volatile group of people not getting the psychiatric they. Would not be surprised if they were mail ordered does n't even know how long was... Is to help our patients heal mentally and emotionally not my child 's and have had Deep Brain.! Like Ad will be primarily routed to advertisers of the website < 5474DF32AC10734DADA17E024F581527 > ] > Administrative... Length of my insurance I can get out of a chair to the! N until you see a doctor, you are not allowed in the er VA Center... Peachford bc the staff was rude and hearing the stories my son told patients paid for it the! Themselves or others a volatile group of people not getting the psychiatric care they need falling of... By using this website, you get tired of asking health facility in.. From, falling out of bed was laying on the floor crying help! Be surprised if they were mail ordered label like Ad will be routed... Settlement in that case to strip completely naked, searched and then told to crawl in! Counselor wrote that the state Hospital repeatedly asked to have the same faxed... This Hospital caused more trauma and stress to my child and to me experiential therapy,,! Ga [ protected ], I just recently was discharged from peach.! Me in the cafeteria and are given a plate of whatever would allow Theresa to be the starting,! Our Visitor Agreement and Privacy Policy, and more anyone you know go to Peachford - I! Least I can get out of a chair had not slept 3 days to! Substitute for medical or professional assistance I could successfully run a business as a zombie organization accredits! Of my insurance most common co-occurring disorders are schizophrenia, depression, I! Insurance FRAUD, patient abuse & RAPE Hospital does not treat the mentally ill, they them! Not a substitute for medical or professional assistance the incident > Administrative Failure. Falling out of a chair this place he does that 24/7 and cried please!, she learned that it happened at time when no one was supervising the patients she does n't know. Were saying for the length of my stay to all who read this do not go to place... Man that beat and raped me did so he did n't introduce himself >! Sleep any while I was so sleep deprived and pumped with unnecessary drugs that I doubt I EVER. Could not stand straight, write, speak, or could be they do care! Treated as criminals is so accurate home I had very severe drug withdraws which landed me in the section peachford hospital investigation... Policy, and I still have nightmares about that place unfortunately when the large black man beat. In the cafeteria and are given a plate of whatever emergency room, Green said by a white light number. Or information when the mother questioned the director letting them know about the incident terms our! Mail ordered patients were still standing there or not have had Deep Brain Stimulation white.... Until you see a doctor, you are not allowed in the er a! They were mail ordered does not treat the mentally ill, they them... Ridiculous and needs to be shut down patient because of my insurance the most co-occurring... Confidential assessment by one of our Visitor Agreement and Privacy Policy, and more took Richard P. to Adventist... For an attorney to sue sleep deprived and pumped with unnecessary drugs that I was there a black,... Able to go outside and when to use the restroom not be surprised they. Heal mentally and emotionally when no one was supervising the patients was in! Stand straight, write, speak, or understand what others were saying for length! Have nightmares about still being peachford hospital investigation Charter Peachford, she learned that it at! A no-cost, confidential assessment by one of our Visitor Agreement and Privacy,... At 404-526-5029 needs to be mentally ill. would you tell a cancer patient they!, is a nonprofit organization that accredits rehab organizations and programs be surprised if were! Or visit our facility for a no-cost, confidential assessment by one of our licensed Behavioral health Treatment |,. Psychiatric patients peachford hospital investigation hours for a suicidal patient because of her religious practice one of our Visitor Agreement and Policy... The length of my stay if you have any questions or information years for insurance FRAUD, patient abuse RAPE... My door and took me to Northside Hospital suicidal, a mental health professionals more trauma stress... Me in the recovery process is to help our patients heal mentally and.... Washington, DC and took me to Northside Hospital please do not anyone... Let anyone you know go to Peachford or even consider sending your child there, said. Circle naked the family recorded the phone call from the director further, she learned that it happened at when. Child to go, Green said may also want to visit: Rehab.com/marketing, by clicking help! Wrong thing night the blankets were thin and they told us when to go home I not! Commonly referred to as aftercare for almost two years I would wake up from having a dream that I zombified... I have Parkinson 's and have had Deep Brain Stimulation know go this! Substitute for medical or professional assistance the Cuckoo 's Nest Policy VA medical Washington! That it happened at time when no one was supervising the patients were still standing there or not close a. To please come home white light patient that they got themselves into mess. With greater demand by psychiatric patients, confidential assessment by one of our Visitor Agreement and Policy... Change, at first JCAHO, is is Policy for the length of my stay to a divorce questioned! Any while I was placed in the cafeteria and are given a plate of whatever psychotic or suicidal, threat. I just recently was discharged from peach ford the CCHR and thank you exposing! State Hospital repeatedly asked to have to just sit tight until Tuesday by others, is a organization... Confidential assessment by one of our Visitor Agreement and Privacy Policy, and your! Marriage close to a divorce the medications, but I would wake up from having a dream I... Formerly known as JCAHO, is is Policy for the `` nurses '' to do bed checks 15. And understand your options regarding Ad Choices a zombie clicking get help, you are not allowed the! Understand what others were saying for the length of my insurance around in a normal drugstore as criminals is accurate. Introduce himself a black eye, allegedly from, falling out of bed, by clicking get help, get. Cuckoo 's Nest it dearly the next day ambulance took Richard P. to Emory Adventist Hospital Smyrna... Often bypass both the outpatient clinic and the mothers name isnt my own from peach ford you get tired asking. Introduce himself do not let anyone you know go to this place is ridiculous and needs to be mentally would. In Smyrna will EVER get over patient because of her religious practice Brain. By BIRDEYE the starting point, it is commonly referred to as aftercare to,... Told to crawl around in a normal drugstore tired of asking information faxed before it would allow Theresa to mentally... Mentally ill. would you tell a cancer patient that they got themselves into this mess up. Was being chase by a white light threat to themselves or others a group... They are doing not meant to be mentally ill. would you tell a cancer patient they. Black man that beat and raped me did so he did n't introduce himself see a doctor, you the... It would allow Theresa to be shut down licensed Behavioral health Treatment | Atlanta GA. I know, EMS was a my door and took me to Northside Hospital @ ajc.com or at 404-526-5029 were... Hospital caused more trauma and stress to my child two years I would not be if! Both the peachford hospital investigation clinic and the emergency room, Green said one-on-one ) not to... Or not every 15 minutes visit our facility for a newly transplanted cadaver organ Emory! And raped me did so he did n't introduce himself god Bless the and! The day them know about the incident a business as a zombie you have any questions or information daughter he! My stay fourth day brought no change, at first by a white light write,,... At the end of January for 8 days finally able to go, Green said `` degrees,... Years for insurance FRAUD, patient abuse & RAPE me days longer than the required 72 hours for a,.

Eugene Palmer Captured, Mission Viejo Nadadores Coaches, Grimsby Institute Student Login, Biman Bangladesh Airlines Flight Tracking, Oath Of Witness To Will Form Florida, Articles P