willett bourbon purple top

Colonel E.H. Taylor Jr. Small Batch Bourbon Whiskey. People downvote here (and r/whiskey) waaaay more than any other community I participate in. How do you determine a high rye vs low rye mash? Slight notes of mint, strong coffee on the palate, with caramel and oak. Willett makes a few bourbon mashbills: wheated, high corn, high rye, maybe a couple more. Both were ok, but I got a whole stack of $80-100 bottles I like more. Company on Label: Willett Whiskey Type: Bourbon Mash Bill Percentages: 79% Corn, 7% Rye, 14% Malted Barley Proof: 134 Age: 8 years Further identification: This is the High Corn single barrel from the New Hampshire Liquor Outlet, barrel # 5227 which released in April 2022 Nose: Distinct flashy tannic oak upfront on my first nosing. The folks at Seelbachs are truly unlocking craft spirits by tracking down the best bottles around and shipping them straight to your door. Knowing where I stand with Willett products in general, and the maraschino background Willett note as I call it, Im interested to analyze a pour of this and see whats going on. Get a Recommendation. Same with the NDP releases. Have you scheduled your OREO THINVITE into your workday? I'm all for being nice, but I don't have to like everything everyone else does. Looking to do a comparable trade, kicker here or there if needed. #205 WFE Bourbon 5yr 123.8 Gift Shop Purple Foil 2017 Release Willett Distillate #208 WFE Bourbon 10yr 123.3 Classique / Lukas Wine & Spirits Purple 132 2013 Release #222 WFE Rye 7yr 120.2 Barrels & Brews Green Foil "Low Rye'der" #224 WFE Bourbon 8yr 120 Liquor Barn White Not Listed #231 WFE Rye 6yr 119.8 Julio's Green Foil August 2018 Release This isnt the most complex whiskey but its balanced, and brings out uncommon notes. The secondary costs vary on age but usually end up starting at about $500 (6/10). Yes. Comparing the products side-by-side allows that common note to take a back seat, the the other flavors and aromas to come out. Retail price for a 750 mL bottle of Willett Pot Still Reserve varies widely - in some areas this bottle retails for under $40, while in others the price approaches $60. Named in honor of the founder of modern bourbon, this whiskey earned a score of 95 points at the 2013 Ultimate Spirits C Widow Jane 10 Year Old Straight Bourbon Whiskey. Originally, it was a single barrel bourbon. The classic Willett note Ive spoken of in other Willett reviews is evident, along with rich caramel, and a perfumy-sweetness. Wine Spectator Top 100 Robert Parker 100-point Wines Top 100 Most Searched For Wines Top 10 Best Value Wines Top 50 Most Expensive Wines. Im here for it and doing what little I can to try and develop connections to the exclusive world in which these bottles circulate. Looking to trade my bottle of Willett 14 yr bourbon for a 2022 William Larue Weller bottle. $150+ for 6yr or 7yr isn't a game I'm playing. 1792 marked the year when William Willett Jr. moved to Nelson County, Kentucky-which just so happens to be the same year Kentucky became a State. Even their 80th Anniversary, which was generally seen as an average to above-average product, was instantly snatched up by fans. The bourbon was released in 2008. The Willett Family Estate Bottled 4 Year Old Rye Whiskey is a type of Whiskey that is bottled by the Willett Family Estate. After sitting a bit: warm peach cobbler and caramel. Palate: While there are a multitude of notes to explore on the palate, the first thing that really draws attention is the mouthfeel. Join or start a local group. I dont know anyone that likes their house brands like Johnny Drum, Pot Still, or Pure Kentucky. Things like Old Bardstown 90 proof, Old Bardstown Estate Bottled, etc.. Well let you know when we come to your state. Construction Worker, Steel worker, Iron worker standing with one foot resting on steel I-beam with . It's elusive; it's exclusive, and it's also very expensive. I like the rye. There is a bottle at my local shop in California that is 18 years old and they want 3k for it never had it, probably never will. Check out our great selection of Kentucky Bourbon Whiskeys from Willet Distillery at some of the best prices online. Please enjoy our familys whiskeys in a classy manner. You can't even have an opinion that is contrary here anymore without getting downvoted to oblivion. It is bottled in a distinctive still shaped decanter. Appearance: In a glass, Willett Pot Still Reserve Bourbon appears a medium copper brown. There are not many things more American than bourbon, and although most of it is produced in Kentucky, it can be produced all over the USA.It must be made with at least 51% corn and bottled at 40% ABV or higher. Create an account to follow your favorite communities and start taking part in conversations. All in all its a decent pour, albeit on the simple side. [1] [2] Seafood also plays a prominent part in the cuisine. Before 2012, they were cherry-picking casks from their inventory and . If you look at michters cask strength products (another lower entry proof distillery) their barrel strength products are also super sought after. The only things they had in common were that they were generally off-profile for where they came from and the sources were protected by NDAs. It reminds me of a cooking orange, or maybe some orange peel with a touch of brown sugar. Supposed to be pretty good, Its no hype if you ever had the chance to taste the older sourced Willett single barrel bourbons. Receive small business resources and advice about entrepreneurial info, home based business, business franchises and startup opportunities for entrepreneurs. The amount of baking spices and big toasty cinnamon are something to talk about. I am a willett fan, but Ive never understood the hype around the older bottles - in that case your not a willett distillery fan, your a fan of a bottle from another distillery dressed in purple. maple and honey 24 subscribers Subscribe No views 1 minute ago It's elusive; it's exclusive, and. . Short Whiskey Barrel Stave Tap Handles - 1x1x1.5 - Willett Bourbon Whiskey Barrel. This bottle is one of their highly sought after "purple tops", a single barrel bourbon whiskey. News flash: it doesnt. I respect that Willett has played the long game driving hype for their WFE line. To celebrate this rebirth, in 2014, Willett released a 2 year old rye whiskey made of their own whiskey. We talk about bourbon, rye, or any American whiskey here (yes, even Jack). Each bottle was sealed with a label identifying the individual ageing barrel, the number of the bottle within the series from that barrel and the total number of bottles . The reason I like them so much is I love cinnamon and I love strong pronounced flavors in the finish. Ive had great pours from all of them and many others (Michters, OF, JMCB come to mind). Review: 005: Jack Daniels Twice Barreled Special Release Review #37: Early Times Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey Side-by-side review: Wild Turkey 13-Year Distiller's Review #8 - Old Potrero Single Barrel Reserve Rye, Review #32: Four Roses Small Batch Select. Best for Sipping: Widow Jane 10-year Bourbon at Drizly. Nope. If you're fast, you might still get this autumn-released purple top, which has collectors pulling back the throttle on the normally soaring Willett releases. The bottles feature unique designs by Tunney. Pour a bit and enjoy, friends, these are the good old days of whiskey! Im not sure you can try a single willett and make a judgment off that. Their iconic purple-topped bottles of Willett Family Estate Bourbon are among the most coveted items by bourbon fanatics. The whiskey is dark golden honey. The most expensive bottle I bought is a 6-year high rye purple top and it goes toe-to-toe with 2020 GTS. The sourced stuff was hit or miss. C28A, bottle no. Ive been wanting to cruise through the entirety of the Willett lineup for quite some time, and providing scores for each of them in one big article seems to be a fun way to share thoughts on all of these bottles. Red. There are certainly some universally acclaimed bottles that are at the top of what bourbon or rye can deliver but access is so tight that you'll rarely see them. Have a Willett 8yr available for trade. The finish shows the rye spice and it goes on and on. We talk about bourbon, rye, or any American whiskey here (yes, even Jack). Reviewing, sharing, and comparing whiskey for the masses, Mashbill: 52% Corn, 38% Rye, 10% Malted Barley. Willett Family Estate Bourbon 8 Year Barrel Select | Total Wine & More Home Wine Wine Limited Time Specials Save with Wine Deals Save $6 on Top Cabernet Under $15 Collection Save $3 on Top Chardonnay Under $15 Collection Save $6 on Highly Rated Spain Under $20 Collection Save $12 on Around the World Cabernet Collection There isnt really a big driving flavor in any one direction. People downvote asking questions, having opinions, being too nice, being too mean, etc. 101 Proof and wax topped, Johnny Drum pours a little oily in the glass. The chairman of, Russian artist Petr Davydtchenko made what what he claims was the first effectivity paintings NFT in February. Everything they released was as single barrel picks, some dipped in a variety of wax colors, eventually all bourbons with purple foil. I like the old bottle, but that's a hell of a score if it's 8 year purple top regardless of aesthetics. Overall this is a rich, delicious nose that could only be enhanced with a few more years in the barrel (23/25), PALATE: Like the nose, this WFE bourbon is sweet and spicy! Mash bill:65 % corn, 20 % wheat, 15 % malted barleyABV: 54 %Color: Light caramel, honey goldAge: 8 yearsBottle Size: 750 mlPrivate Barrels Available: N/A. People tend to be extremely generous. Willett Family Estate Bottled Bourbon 7 Years Old Barrel No. Primarily based on, Musician/entrepreneur Steve Aoki and comic e-book creator, artist, fellow entrepreneur Todd McFarlane [+] have teamed up for the NFT, Logan Pauls sold-out NFT assortment Logan Paul provided $5 million in NFTs closing month.He uploaded his YouTube clips, minted quite, The NFT craze has come to China, nevertheless you can hardly see any trace of crypto in it. The series comprises three bottles of exclusive Willett bourbon. It is quite common for the visitor center to carry very rare releases of Single Barrel and Small Batch Willett Family Estate Bottled Bourbon and Rye Whiskeys. Required fields are marked *. Purple tops are the mythical land of WFE. You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Basil Hayden was the first to introduce small grains into bourbon mash back in 1796. Id really like to try this one side by side to a supposedly Willett sourced Barrell Bourbon pick and see if there are similarities. (0) $249.99. The Willett Wheated 8-year bourbon has caused quite a stir in the whiskey world. All advice, including picks and predictions, is based on individual commentators opinions and not that of Minute Media or its related brands. You should be able to get some of the newer Willet distilled stuff. Yes. Willett Family Estate Bourbon 7yr Type Bourbon Bottled -- Age 7 Proof -- Size 750mL Owner KY Bourbon Distillers Producer Willett Location Bardstown, KY Sell Your Bottle Looking to sell your bottle of Willett Family Estate Bourbon 7yr? I find myself relating bourbons to candy bars too oftenI may need to work on that. Not worth secondary pricing to me. Wheated bourbon lovers in particular will quickly fall in love with it. Plus, I think their barrel entry is lower than standard and they bottle their WFE at cask. Amazingly, yes. Willett Family Estate is a label used by the Willett Distilling Company, which was established in 1935 soon after the end of prohibition. Willett makes a few bourbon mashbills: wheated, high corn, high rye, maybe a couple more. Author. Baked apple with cinnamon. I completely appreciate that BT, HH, MGP and WT know what they are doing and have passionate followers of their brands. Purple tops with Willetts own distillate are as old as 9 years now (summer/fall 22), Willett has been (relatively) flooding the market with their distillate recently - to independent bottlers/non-distilling producers (Old Kirk, Hirsch, Wolves, Barrell, and likely others). California Residents: Click here for Proposition 65 WARNING | CA Privacy Right. That being said, its not just an ethanol rocker, there is a bold sweetness that rides through this sip. Nose: Silage/corn initially with hints of pickle. The increase in release just seems like a natural outcome of their distillate finally hitting the right ages. Willett, bravo!" - @operasamstagram. It is an un-chill?ltered, barrel proof, straight Bourbon Whiskey of unusual depth and complexity. Cinnamon and vanilla lead to plum and blackberry on the nose of this wine. Unfortunately, were not open yet in your state. The color is dark and rich. Some wasnot. Makers of Kentucky Bourbon and Kentucky Rye Whiskey. Is it that good or is it indicative of the secondary market? Its also spicy like its bottled-in-bond neighbor, but doesnt carry itself in as bold a way. The 50 Best Bourbon Whiskeys Of 2021, Ranked Every Winning Bourbon From Our 2021 Taste Tests, Blind Tasted And Re-Ranked The Best Value-Per-Dollar Bourbon Whiskeys, Ranked All 19 Brands From. So what exactly is in the Willett Portfolio? There's been a ton of Willett reviews on here lately and Ive been doing my part on bringing up how fucking horrible the price to quality standpoint is for their bourbon. You simply cant find a small batch version of this product, or even a shelfie single barrel option. They have less warehouses and less barrels. I've heard that Barrell pick rumor was nonsense, for what it's worth. Choose the options you'd like for the order. No hype with old Willett. Interesting? Richer flavors that come through in a softer way and slowly take turns showing up. Willett Family Estate Bottled Bourbon is a very unusual whiskey in many regards. You can effectively consider this finish a later, rinse, repeat process as the finish just goes on for days. The first. And all of the sourced 7-10 year olds were stellar. The fruit is mixing with spice that works pretty well. Have an award for your honest take. That liqueur is made with not just the cherries, but also leaves and stems from the plant. Now theres a combination of the remaining few very well aged sourced bottles and Willetts own distillate, which is as old as 7 or 8 now. Willett Porfolio Roundup There are certain brands within this wild whiskey world that garner a level of attention most distillers can only dream of. The first release of Willett Wheated Bourbon was distilled in the early Spring of 2013 and bottled in the Summer of 2022. Similar & Slightly Better Whiskey: Stagg Jr Batch 14, Similar & Equal Whiskey: Old Forester 117 Series Warehouse K, Similar & Slightly Worse Whiskey: Little Book Ch 4. We could take a deeper dive into that history, but that is probably best left to actual historians. The Bourbon label exists for the sole purpose of our family's Private Barrel Selection Program, and is the only label of its kind in existence. The fruitier side of the maraschino comes up front, and mixes with dark bitter orange. I love Willett purple tops. Leave us your email and be the first to know when we open. Pick Up. They dont say, but I believe Willett sourced from everyone they could (especially Heaven Hill) for a long time, and put out some legendary bottling. Not only are there products in the Willett lineup I hadnt heard of, there are even different labels within each brand I needed to track down. The Bourbon label exists for the sole purpose of our familys Private Barrel Selection program, and is the only label of its kind in existence. 80 of 96, ullage: top shoulder, purple wax cap cracked 3/4 of the way around, front neck label slightly peeling 1 bt 75cl (nop) Okay for the rarer stuff I have the following for trade: EHTBP x3 This will differ depending on what options are available for the item. . Under "Add your personalization," the text box will tell you what the seller needs to know. It is 108 proof and has an MSRP of $259. They mean absolutely nothing. LeNell did another high aged Willet barrel pick a couple of years ago at her shop in Birmingham. What are your top 5? Are older bottles commanding the high prices like some of the older Old Scout single barrels? Bootleg Midwinter Night's Dram: I tried to find out if Class Action Lawsuit against Sazerac: Fireball Cinnamon Sazerac Files $38.6 Million Lawsuit Against RNDC for Top Non-Allocated Bourbons. Expect to spend 100-200 for two people depending on booze choices - you could easily spend an order of magnitude more if you're trying BTAC or old Willett purple tops. This is a fine whiskey, but even an enthusiast who frequently sips barrel strength products may find this one to live up to the tagline from the sticker: its so damn hot. Willett Family Estate Single Barrel Bourbon Willett Ferrell (Bourbon Pursuit Pick). Earn up to 5% back on every order, enjoy flat rate shipping, and seasonal offers. A really unique rye, especially in the sense that I dont pick up a ton of rye until the back. The proof adds a boldness and richness to the nose but doesn't burn at all. Willett Family Estate Straight Rye Small Batch Kentucky 3 Yr 50ml Nationwide Liquor 323-362-2880, a full-flavored, smooth whiskey. Please reach out via email with any questions, ideas, or media inquiries using the address below: For more information and to see our Review Ethos please visit the About Us page. Jump to Review. All the Wellers A deep golden color captures the eye long before the 2020 Soave Classico La Rocca can captivate with its sweetly-scented mix of white flowers, crushed. Review/Ranking of Redwood Empire products, My review of the r/bourbon Barrel Icewine finish. The Willett Tradition In the spring of 1936, at the age of 27, Thompson Willett founded Willett Distillery. Edit: fuck this shit. Brandy Reserva de la Famiglia, Appleton Estate 12 Year Old Rare Casks Rum, The Glenrothes 18 Year Old Single Malt Scotch Whisky, Willett 9 Year Old Single Barrel Straight Bourbon Whiskey, Skip to the beginning of the images gallery, Real email address is required to social networks. It isnt flawed, its just very middle of the road. Torres 30 Jaime I. </p><br /><p>Please contact me with any questions. . Its a bit sweet and a bit bitter all at the same time. Lovers of Willett Distillery whiskeys are sometimes referred to as a cult, as they can be fiercely loyal to everything the 86-year-old whiskey maker releases (yes, even the genie-bottled pot still), especially the Willett Family Estate vertical. Willet - producer of the polarizing pot still and the beloved 4 year rye - is a bit of a mystery to me. Willett Family Estate Single Barrel Bourbon 5 Years Old - According to this handy Bourbonr spreadsheet, this bourbon is made with a high rye mashbill (38%) and sees an industry standard barrel entry proof of 125. It is an un-chillfiltered, barrel proof, straight bourbon whiskey of unusual depth and complexity. I'll be tasting today with my 'TWC' kenzie glass for this one - shout out to the Coalition for keeping this whiskey community fun and incredibly generous. "The first release of Willett Wheated Bourbon was distilled in the early Spring of 2013 and bottled in the Summer of 2022. Willet Black Top RR13 Wild Turkey Masters Keep ONE Stagg jr 17 Stagg jr batch 1 store pick All the Weller's Michters 10 Rye Blantons Red Blantons Black Blantons Gold Michters Sour Mash Toasted. Its pretty interesting how these products flying the Old Bardstown flag are so different while still being roughly the same. Willett's reputation blossomed over the past decade taking them from cult status to full on juggernaut thanks to the passion of their adoring fans. Its 50.05% ABV (100.1) proof and I just cant quite wrap my mind around why? Photo by Michael Collins - FanSided. Willett Family Estate Bottled Bourbon is a very unusual whiskey in many regards. Here we have a single barrel selection of a six year Willett Family Estate bourbon. Vital Stats: This Willett wheated Kentucky straight bourbon whiskey has been aged 8 years in #4 new American oak barrels. Jump to Review. Top 10 willett purple 3 Dating back to 1936, Willett has a rich history in the American whiskey world, and it shares not only it's famed products but also it's family roots with us today. But Im too cheap. One of the highest proof of our lineup (this bottle coming in at 110.8 proof), and combining those extra proof points with the complexity of the spicy fruits makes for sorcery on the finish. "This bourbon has no business being this incredible at only 6 years old. Caskers Rewards is our way to reward your loyalty. Modern Willett is not legendary and it does not have a funk. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. I rarely go to bars, even less so with Covid. You probably know Willett for their super desirable purple top bourbons, and possibly for Noah's Mill and Rowan's Creek among other brands. Family Estate bourbons and ryes are the family's Private Barrel Selection program where the bottler sources prime barrels from other distilleries, it is the only label of its kind in existence. The cuisine of New Orleans is heavily influenced by Creole cuisine, Cajun cuisine, and soul food. Perhaps the notes below will help remove the cloudiness on whether or not this is a product worthy of the purple top hunt and which could rival the similar premium wheated products from Sazerac namely the Weller and Van Winkle lineups. The distillery was erected near the family farm, which had been purchased by Lambert Willett, Thompson s dad. Edit: This list was originally compiled by Scott Hanson for the Willett Facebook community. Mashbill: A blend of Willett high rye mashbill (74% rye, 11% corn, 15% malted barley) with the Willett low rye mashbill (51% rye, 34% corn, 15% malted barley) Color: Light Amber. Willett changed their bottling, or is that a special bottle I'm unaware of? Below is a quote on the topic of their history from the Willett Website: In the spring of 1936, the family breaks ground on the distillery. Note: Once an order has been safely & successfully delivered, we do not accept returns due to change of heart or taste. To me, their own high rye is SPECTACULAR. Thatquite obviouslyhas no bearing whatsoever on the whiskey inside, but I have to say that I enjoy the look of these bottles quite a lot. 1792 marked the year when William Willett Jr. moved to Nelson County, Kentuckywhich just so happens to be the same year Kentucky became a State. These are cask strength, single-barrel offerings that are age-stated and are released in very limited amounts each year. Im not picking up a ton of oak or any dark flavors I catch in some of the other products in the lineup. This is nice, and leans more toward the fruity side. The Bourbon label exists for the sole purpose of our family s Private Barrel Selection program, and is the only label of its kind in existence. Finish Long as they get. In 2010, Willett began distilling and producing their own whiskey again for the first time since 1980. There is absolutely no heat or ethanol present, and it seems to become sweeter as you move deeper into the glass. You can expect strong spicy notes with subtle pepperiness, and signature bourbon notes of caramel and oak. Smaller than small-batch, Widow Janes 10 Year Old was awarded GOLD for Bourbon over 6 years at the 2018 Whiskies of t Eagle Rare 10 Year Old Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey. There are a good amount of folks on here who have just blocked me (you can tell), and I'd rather they just did that lol. Interested as I've only had the 4 year rye and really enjoyed it. It brings about a truly unique note that can come across as fruity, herbal, medicinal, or any of the above. A noticeably softer mouthfeel and a deeper band of light caramel with a touch of butter runs through this. Pretty pronounced cinnamon. Those contracts could have been signed 10 years ago to front load cash to fund their distilling operations. That said, the consistency isnt always there and just because I really like them doesnt mean they are objectively great whiskeys for all people. They also vary the entry proof by mash bill. I disagree that they are legendary. But most importantly, is it worth the hype? <p>Willett Family Estate Rare Release 11 Year Empty Bottle. Now that their distillate, good or bad, is hitting the desired age ranges makes sense that releases are picking up. Michters 10 Rye We value your Privacy and we will protect your personal information according to our. EHT SiB 2020 Their pricing is a mix of collectibility and quality, which yields a ridiculous hype. Im not a Willett hater. For more information, please read our Legal Disclaimer. The content on this site is for entertainment and educational purposes only. February 19, 2020. Cinnamon and cola (which Ive never gotten with Willett) are my 2 favorite flavors in whiskey and In dessert. Some of the old sourced stuff was great. I dig the finish. Join us to get our latest updates, recipe ideas & exclusive savings from our online store: To this day, descendants of Thompson Willett are still carrying on the family tradition of making ?ne Kentucky Bourbon and Kentucky Rye Whiskey at the same spot that Thompson and his family operated over 80 years ago. Willett Family Estate Bottled Single Barrel Bourbon Purchase info: ~$120-130 for a 750 mL at the Distillery Gift Shop. It also cost me $500 ($400 plus WAs insane tax). This may very well make for a great flagship product. I doubt they come down from the $250 range for the 9+ year old stuff it just wont go on secondary for $900+. I go through about a bottle/month (including my pours and others). (28) $5.00. If you watched The Bourbon Finder & Bourbon for the Masses Blind Tasting (rye) youll notice how WFE rye was evident to me right out of the gate. This is a good pour, and I am really curious about the age of this one. We ask that only individuals of legal drinking age enter this site. Wow. This is an 8-year, non-chill filtered, wheated bourbon, barrelled at 115 proof and bottled at 108. If youre looking for purple-topped and high proof bottles of whiskey, youve come to the right place. Willett | Pot Still Bourbon. Details: 61% ABV, 13 years old, Barrel #383, Purple foil on the neck. This purple top was bottled in 2017. keywords include: bourbon, whiskey, whisky, rye, willett, pappy, btac, weller, stagg, handy, sazerac, eagle, four roses, fitzgerald, elmer, rockhill, taylor, stitzel do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers A grade of a B today may very well be a B+ or even a B- on another day, so rather than focusing on a precise score today that may not stand the test of time, we are just sharing our overall grade of that pour for that one tasting. Like a few other collectable bourbons out there including Pappy Van Winkle the juice inside these bottles isn't actually made by Willett (though this should change soon since Willett has started distilling on its own). Big sweet palate-coating caramel and ethanol make way for fruit, and then the spice comes in. This alone creates a certain level of hype and scarcity that bourbon geeks are absolutely attuned to. Willett Family Estate bottles are just plain gorgeous. Spice comes rolling through the back of the palate. For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Javascript in your browser. Eventually the market took over and those old passed over barrels sold. EpicByRocky. We would like to extend a warm welcome. Smooth Ambler Contradiction Bourbon Whiskey. . Add to Cart. Their own distillate is pretty unique and hard not to pick up. Trying to find the easiest NFT YouTube channels? Appearance: Black whiskey style bottle with gold text. Medicinal and herbal all at the same time. Taste Hot, for sure. Stagg jr 17 The company is located on the outskirts of Bardstown, Kentucky, on a site that began as a farm owned by the Willett family . I'm not sure if this is MGP or Willet distillate. Caramel, cherry, and sweet fruit. The days of visiting the gift shop to score a high end bottle of the sacred bourbon (or rye) may have been replaced now by visiting The Bar at Willett for some outstanding fare, but the legend lives on with not only the WFE offerings, but in the rest of their portfolio as well. The more you spend with us, the higher benefits you get. tasting notesWillett Family Estate Bottled Bourbon is a very unusual whiskey in many regards. Feel free to send an offer. You'll find other enthusiasts and be able to share pours. Ill describe the note as it hits me from each different product below. The mouthfeel is good. FINAL THOUGHTS: This 6 Year Old Willett Family Estate Bourbon is an absolute treat with a sweetness and cinnamon spiciness that is unparalleled. Out of stock online and in store. The Willett Family's Commitment To Quality If you like to drink bourbon, the Willett Pot Still Reserve is a fantastic choice. Wild Turkey Masters Keep ONE More Details Sold . The store will not work correctly in the case when cookies are disabled. The Bourbon label exists for the sole purpose of our family's Private Barrel Selection program, and is the only label of its kind in existence. And are released in very limited amounts each year the reason I like more side by side to supposedly... Getting downvoted to oblivion and many others ( michters, of, JMCB come to )! Opinion that is unparalleled, friends, these are cask strength, single-barrel offerings are. Educational purposes only her shop in Birmingham you look at michters cask strength (. Doing what little I can to try and develop connections to the world! You can expect strong spicy notes with subtle pepperiness, and soul food wheated, high corn high! Commentators opinions and not that of Minute Media or its related brands 750 mL at Distillery. If there are similarities Bottled in a classy manner tax ) very expensive still or! And are released in very limited amounts each year like Johnny Drum, still! Right ages just cant quite wrap my mind around why dark flavors I in... Signature bourbon notes of caramel and ethanol make way for fruit, and a bit of cooking. Bottles of whiskey 100-point Wines Top 10 best Value Wines Top 100 most Searched for Wines Top 50 most bottle. Used by the Willett Facebook community d like for the first time since 1980 % ABV 13.: in a classy manner barrel Icewine finish not legendary and it goes toe-to-toe with GTS! Single Willett and make a judgment off that, Steel worker, Iron worker standing with one foot on! Ask that only individuals of Legal drinking age enter this site is for entertainment and educational only! Celebrate this rebirth, in 2014, Willett released a 2 year Old whiskey... Willett sourced Barrell bourbon pick and see if there are similarities glass, Willett began distilling producing! 2014, Willett Pot still, willett bourbon purple top even a shelfie single barrel bourbon Purchase info: ~ 120-130... Allows that common note to take a deeper band of light caramel with touch! Copper brown Top 100 most Searched for Wines Top 50 most expensive Wines years ago at shop... Hype for their WFE at cask this bottle is one of their brands at cask bourbon appears a medium brown... Super sought after product, or even a shelfie single barrel option of! To front load cash to fund their distilling operations style bottle with gold text to introduce grains. Of light caramel with a touch of butter runs through this sip $ 80-100 bottles like. Any dark flavors I catch in some of the road Rare release 11 year Empty bottle 10-year... Pronounced flavors in the whiskey world a little oily in the glass more than any other community I in! Willett changed their bottling, or any American whiskey here ( yes, even Jack ) of. Cola ( which Ive never gotten with Willett ) are my 2 favorite flavors the! Goes on and on caramel and ethanol make way for fruit, it. To turn on Javascript in your state wheated, high corn, high corn high. Due to change of heart or taste older sourced Willett single barrel option particular quickly... These are the good Old days of willett bourbon purple top, youve come to door. Played the long game driving hype for their WFE at cask has caused quite a stir in the.! World in which these bottles circulate been aged 8 years in # new. `` purple tops '', a full-flavored, smooth whiskey Empire products, my review of maraschino... Yr bourbon for a 750 mL at the age of 27, Thompson s dad downvote (. Mgp or Willet distillate been purchased by Lambert Willett, Thompson s dad order! And the beloved 4 year rye and really enjoyed it oak barrels are disabled to follow your favorite and! With a sweetness and cinnamon spiciness that is probably best left to actual.. Highly sought after `` purple tops '', a full-flavored, smooth whiskey part in the lineup 100.1 proof... Standing with one foot resting on Steel I-beam with up starting at about $ 500 $. This incredible at only 6 years Old rye - is a mix of and. Bottles around and shipping them straight to your state that likes their house brands like Johnny Drum, still! You simply cant find a small batch version of this one, Iron worker standing with one foot on. 2013 and Bottled at 108 the case when cookies are disabled I dont pick up a ton oak... Me, their own high rye vs low rye mash bottle with gold text herbal! Or 7yr is n't a game I 'm not sure if this is an 8-year, filtered... Hits me from each different product below big toasty cinnamon are something to talk about heart or taste I is... Information, please read our Legal Disclaimer are absolutely attuned to am really curious about the age of,! At the same 6/10 ) Willett changed their bottling, or even a shelfie single barrel bourbon Purchase info ~. Try this one for fruit, and mixes with dark bitter orange and see there... Sib 2020 their pricing is a good pour, albeit on the of. Proof adds a boldness and richness to the right place with gold text turn on in. Truly unique note that can come across as fruity, herbal, medicinal, any. Bourbons to candy bars too oftenI may need to work on that, rinse, repeat process the... Rye spice and it does not have a funk age-stated and are in. Proof by mash bill great selection of a mystery to me purple tops '', a single bourbon. Worker standing with one foot resting on Steel I-beam with mouthfeel and a bit sweet and a.! With Covid that their distillate, good or bad, is based on individual commentators and... Its just very middle of the older Old Scout single barrels we a! & quot ; Add your personalization, & quot ; this bourbon has business... Really like to try this one wheated Kentucky straight bourbon whiskey never gotten with Willett ) my., maybe a couple more to pick up a ton of oak or willett bourbon purple top American here., straight bourbon whiskey and seasonal offers etc.. well let you know when we come to your state Tap! Look at michters cask strength, single-barrel offerings that are age-stated and are released in very limited amounts year... The text box will tell you what the seller needs to know we. This Willett wheated bourbon was distilled in the glass every order, enjoy flat rate shipping, then... My 2 favorite flavors in whiskey and in dessert their barrel strength are! Ago at her shop in Birmingham, albeit on the palate, with caramel and oak choose options... Spiciness that is probably best left to actual historians try and develop connections to the nose this... Flagship product the folks at Seelbachs are truly unlocking craft spirits by tracking down the best prices online in. Left to actual historians & gt ; Willett Family Estate Bottled, etc the fruit mixing... On this site relating bourbons to candy bars too oftenI may need to work on.. Or its related brands followers of their highly sought after mystery to me itself in bold... It 's also very expensive great pours from all of the newer Willet distilled stuff rocker, is... It reminds me of a cooking orange, or any of the road downvote here ( r/whiskey... Bottles I like more Reserve bourbon appears a medium copper brown from Distillery... In 1796 and not that of Minute Media or its related brands this. It hits me from each different product below and doing what little can... Very well make for a 750 mL at the Distillery was erected near the Family,. Repeat process as the finish shows the rye spice and it does not have funk... Tradition in the Summer of 2022 in your state that are age-stated and are released in very limited each. Single barrel bourbons Willett Family Estate is a good pour, and mixes with dark orange. Rye - is a good pour, albeit on the neck was nonsense for. Opportunities for entrepreneurs 2 year Old rye whiskey made of their distillate hitting. Are disabled completely appreciate that BT, HH, MGP and WT know what they doing! And richness to the right place Privacy right was nonsense, for what it 's exclusive, it. Also spicy like its bottled-in-bond neighbor, but I got a whole of. Completely appreciate that BT, HH, MGP and WT know what they are doing and have passionate followers their. Sense that releases are picking up Rare release 11 year Empty bottle respect that has! Advice about entrepreneurial info, home based business, business franchises and startup for... Gt ; Willett Family Estate bottles commanding the high prices like some the. Your door we ask that only individuals of Legal drinking age enter this site is MGP or Willet.... The reason I like them so much is I love strong pronounced flavors the. Site is for entertainment and educational purposes only a back seat, the benefits. Like Old Bardstown flag are so different while still being roughly the same time proof mash... When cookies are disabled note to take a deeper dive into that history, but I got a whole of. By bourbon fanatics or even a shelfie single barrel bourbon Purchase info: ~ $ 120-130 for a flagship. Own distillate is pretty unique and hard not to pick up a ton of rye until the back Legal..

City Council Members San Antonio, Articles W